Refugee & Asylum Seeker
A refugee is a person who has fled their own country because they are at risk of serious human rights violations and persecution there. The risks to their safety and life were so great that they felt they had no choice but to leave and seek safety outside their country because their own government cannot or will not protect them from those dangers. Refugees have a right to international protection.
An asylum seeker is a person who has left their country and is seeking protection from persecution and serious human rights violations in another country, but who hasn’t yet been legally recognized as a refugee and is waiting to receive a decision on their asylum claim. Seeking asylum is a human right.
Human rights and non-human rights are based on fundamental values and principles of justice such as liberty, autonomy, equality, and fairness.
“It’s a Right to protect against intolerable wrongs—no matter who you are.”
Our goal is to seek to end global threats to equality, human rights, and non-human with greater prosperity for all.
How does The Trusted Save Help?
The Trusted Save is responding to Refugee and Asylum by:
- Challenging and fighting against prejudice and discrimination, and ensure your essential rights and freedoms are protected.
- Developing and putting into practice innovative and sustainable legislative solutions to refugee and asylum law that enable everyone to live with dignity in the world.
- Conduct research and evaluation to inform policy and practice and contribute to refugee and asylum seeker.
- Challenging unjust laws, policies and practices
- Support refugee and asylum organizations and communities to help those facing poverty or homelessness with essential advice, food vouchers, shelter and many other items they need.
- Uncover injustice.
- Supporting the victims of human rights abuse, and raising awareness of human rights.
- Defending and promoting human rights around the world.
- Promoting and encouraging respect for human rights and non-human rights for fundamental freedoms for all without distinction.